Strategy of Siberia Transition to New Digital Economy:
Optimization of a Fiber-Optic Network
The author suggested distinguishing the existing digital economy related to the digitalization of the activities of economic actors from future (new) digital economy based on artificial intelligence systems. In Russia there are no developmental strategies for new digital economy supported by the government. When developing such strategies, the author proposed to take into account signal delay in a fiber-optic network. To calculate signal delay the author's database of Russian telecommunication lines was used. Taking into account very small signal delays, Siberia will not be a holistic economic entity, instead, it will appear in the future as many areas (groups of cities with very small delays) and separating territories with more significant delays. The distribution of areas according to Siberian regions has been given, and the cities included in each area have been listed. The solution of optimization problem will improve the situation by running two new fiber-optic lines. The values of the total and average signal delay among all Siberian cities before and after the implementation of these projects have been given. The optimization of the Siberian fiber-optic network will result in 0.7 millisecond decrease in the average signal delay among all cities.
Blanutsa Victor Ivanovich, Doctor of Sciences (Geography), Leading Researcher, Laboratory of Georesource Studies and Political Geography, V. B. Sochava Institute of Geography SB RAS, 1, Ulan-Batorskaya st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: 8(3952)426435, e-mail: email@example.com
Blanutsa V.I. Strategy of Siberia Transition to New Digital Economy: Optimization of a Fiber-Optic Network. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Political Science and Religion Studies, 2019, vol. 30, pp. 32-39. https://doi.org/10.26516/2073-3380.2019.30.32 (in Russian)
- Blanutsa V.I. Informacionno-setevaya geografiya [Information-network geography]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 2019. 243 p. (in Russian)
- Blanutsa V.I. Cifrovaya ekonomika Sibiri: territorialnye platformy dlya klasterov [Digital economy of Siberia: territorial platforms for clusters]. Actual Problems of Economics and Law, 2019, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 1343-1355. (in Russian)
- Dyachenko O.V. Definiciya kategorii “cifrovaya ekonomika” v zaru-bezhnoj i otechestvennoj ekonomicheskoj nauke [Definition of the category of “digital economy” in foreign and domestic economic science]. Economic Revival of Russia, 2019, no. 1, pp. 86-98. (in Russian)
- Konyshev V.A., Leonov A.V., Naniy O.E., Treshchikov V.N., Ubaydullaev R.R. Opticheskaya revolyuciya v sistemah svyazi i ee socialno-ekonomicheskie posledstviya [Optical revolution in communication systems and its socio-economic consequences]. Applied Photonics, 2016, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 15-27. (in Russian)
- Kupriyanovsky V.P., Bulancha S.A., Kononov V.V., Chernykh K.Yu., Namiot D.E., Dobrynin A.P. Umnye goroda kak “stolicy” cifrovoj ekonomiki [Smart cities as the “capitals” of the digital economy]. International Journal of Open Information Technologies, 2016, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 41-52. (in Russian)
- Kucheryavy A.E., Makolkina M.A., Kirichek R.V. Taktil'nyj Internet. Seti svyazi so sverhmalymi zaderzhkami [Tactile Internet. Communication networks with extremely small delays]. Telecommunication, 2016, no. 1, pp. 44-46. (in Russian)
- Makogonova N.V. Riski realizacii gosudarstvennoj programmy «Cifrovaya ekonomika Rossijskoj Federacii» [Risks of the implementation of the state program "Digital Economy of the Russian Federation"]. Management Sciences in the Modern World, 2018, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 569-576. (in Russian)
- Filkevich I.A., Igumnov O.A. Cifrovaya ekonomika v Rossii: mirovye trendy i rossijskie vozmozhnosti [Digital economy in Russia: world trends and Russian opportunities]. Ideas and innovations, 2018, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 45-58. (in Russian)
- Yakutin Yu.V. Rossijskaya ekonomika: strategiya cifrovoj trans-formacii (k konstruktivnoj kritike pravitel'stvennoj programmy «Cifrovaya ekonomika Rossijskoj Federacii») [The Russian economy: the strategy of digital transformation (towards a constructive criticism of the government program “Digital Economy of the Russian Federation”)]. Management and Business Administration, 2017, no. 4, pp. 25–72. (in Russian)
- Recommendation ITU-T Y.1541. Network Performance Objectives for IP-based Services. Geneva, ITU, 2011, 57 p.
- Schwab K. The Fourth Industrial Revolution. New York, Crown Business, 2017, 192 p.