Remote Areas of Eastern Siberia: Authority in the Eyes
of Local Citizens
The author has provided the assessment of the political activity of the population based on sociological surveys and data from central election commissions. The analysis of the information obtained revealed the attitude of local residents to the modern system of local self-government and the degree of satisfaction with the work of municipal authorities in the northern remote areas of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, Irkutsk Region, and Republic of Buryatia. The study included the analysis of the requirements to local government bodies. The results obtained have exposed the crisis in the system of “authority – citizens” relations and the need to improve the efficiency of management at the municipal level.
Veselova Victoria Nikolaevna, Candidate of Sciences (Geography), Senior Researcher, V. B. Sochava Institute of Geography SB RAS, 1, Ulan-Batorskaya st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: 8(3952)422700, e-mail: email@example.com
Tcherenev Aleksei Anatol'evich, Candidate of Sciences (Geography), Researcher, V. B. Sochava Institute of Geography SB RAS, 1, Ulan-Batorskaya st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: 8(3952)422700, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veselova V. N., Tcherenev A. A. Remote Areas of Eastern Siberia: Authority in the Eyes of Local Citizens. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Political Science and Religion Studies. 2018, vol. 26, pp. 70-79. https://doi.org/10.26516/2073-3380.2018.26.70 (in Russian)
- Burov A.N. Mestnoe samoupravlenie v Rossii: istoricheskie tradicii i sovremennaya praktika [Local government in Russia: historical traditions and modern practice]. Nauch. red. A.I. Narezhnyj. Rostov-on-Don, Rostov. un-t Publ., 2000, 221 р. (in Russian)
- Velieva D.S. Kapitanec Yu.V., Kuleshova M.A. Municipal'noe pravo [Municipal Law: textbook. allowance]. Red. S.E. Channova. Moscow, Omega-L Publ., 2006, 287 р. (in Russian)
- Glazyrin M.V. Municipal'nyj proizvodstvenno-social'nyj kompleks i mekhanizmy ego samorazvitiya [Municipal production and social complex and the mechanisms of its self-development]. Economist, 2002, no 2, pp. 68-74. (in Russian)
- Glazyrin M.V. Ehkonomicheskaya model' mestnogo samoupravleniya [The economic model of local government]. Economist, 1999, no 11. pp. 66-74. (in Russian)
- Glushchenko V.V., Glushchenko I.I. Issledovanie sistem upravleniya: sociologicheskie, ehkonomicheskie, prognoznye, planovye, ehksperimental'nye issledovaniya [Research of management systems: sociological, economic, forecast, planned, experimental studies]. Zheleznodorozhnyj, Kryl'ya Publ., 2000, 416 p. (in Russian)
- Granberg A.G. Strategiya territorial'nogo social'no-ehkonomicheskogo razvitiya Rossii: ot idei k realizacii [Strategy of territorial socio-economic development of Russia: from idea to implementation]. Voprosy ehkonomiki, 2001, no 9, pp. 15-27. (in Russian)
- Zlotkovskij V.I., Celebrovskij S.A. Rezul'taty municipal'nyh vyborov 2005–2015 godov v Krasnoyarskom krae – sociologo-politologicheskij analiz [Results of the 2005-2015 municipal elections in the Krasnoyarsk Territory - sociological and political analysis]. Nauka Krasnoyar'ya [Siberian Journal of Economics and Management], 2015, no 6(23), рр. 16-28. (in Russian)
- Leksin V.N. Rezul'tativnost' i ehffektivnost' dejstvij regional'noj i municipal'noj vlasti: naznachenie i vozmozhnosti korrektnoj ocenki [Effectiveness of the actions of regional and municipal authorities: appointment and opportunities for a correct assessment]. Region: ehkonomika i sociologiya [Region: Economics and Sociology], 2012, no 1 (73), рр. 3-39. (in Russian)
- Yurkova S.N., Shirokov A.N. Mestnoe samoupravlenie: rynochnyj oblik mestnoj vlasti [Local Government: Market Image of Local Government]. Economist, 1996, no 1, pp. 85-90. (in Russian)
- O’Loughlin J. Polical Geography – The professional geographer. Forum and Journal of The Association of American Geographers, 1981, N 33 (2), pp. 270-271.
- Johnston R. Anglo-American electoral geography: same roots and same goals, but different means and ends? The professional geographer. Forum and Journal of The Association of American Geographers, 2005, N 57 (4), pp. 580-587.