State Ideology of Modern Russia
The article explores the process of formation of the modern Russian ideology, its content, main features and the ways of improvement in the conditions of new challenges and concerns facing the Russian society at the turn of the XX –XXI centuries. The process of the development of the state ideology is multifactorial and nationwide in character encompassing the historical path of the country. Based on the analysis of the way the international relations are practiced in the country and having reviewed the current situation, the authors have come to the conclusion that the legal rule of no ideology being established as an official one, enshrined in the Constitution of the Russian Federation and prolonged in historical retrospect, has been found to be untrue; moreover, this norm seems to be unnecessary and impractical for the country striving for ideological protection of its interests. According to the authors, there is a state ideology in the Russian Federation. It’s a complex ideological structure aimed at the implementation of the national idea of Russia being largely integrative in nature. It focuses on achieving national consensus, consolidation of different Russian communities, representatives of different political forces and national elites. The authors proposed their own view on the issue and introduce the term “an integral ideology of social conservatism” to define this kind of ideology.
Goncharenko Lev Nikolaevich, Doctor of Sciences (History), Professor, Department of International Relations, Medialogy, Political Science and History, Saint Petersburg State University of Economics, 21, Sadovaya st., Saint Petersburg, 191023, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
Avakova Elina Borisovna, Candidate of Sciences (Sociology), Associate Professor, Department of Human Resources Management and Advertising, Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology, 26, Moskovsky av., Saint Petersburg, 190013, Russian Federation, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goncharenko L.N., Avakova E.B. State Ideology of Modern Russia. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Political Science and Religion Studies, 2020, vol. 31, pp. 6-20. https://doi.org/10.26516/2073-3380.2020.31.6 (in Russian)
- Aron R. Opium dlya intelligentsia [The Opium of the Intellectuals]. Munich, Tsentr. ob-nie polit. emigrantov iz SSSR (TsOPE) Publ., 1960, 234 p. (in Russian).
- Bell D. Gryadushchee postindustrial'noe obshchestvo: opyt sotsial'nogo prognozirovaniya [The future post-industrial society: the experience of social forecasting]. Transl. from Engl. under the edit. V.L. Inozemtseva. Moscow, Academia Publ., 2004, 783 p. (in Russian).
- Galbraith J. Novoe industrial'noe obshchestvo [The new industrial society]. Transl. from Engl. L.Ya. Rozovskiy and oth.; gen. eds. N.N. Inozemtseva, S.M. Men'shikova, A.G. Mileykovskogo. Moscow, Progress Publ., 1969, 480 p. (in Russian).
- Zolotukhina-Abolina E.V., Zolotukhin V.E. Ideologiya dlya Rossii: puti i prepyatstviya [Ideology for Russia: the path and the obstacles]. Svobodnaya mysl, 2016, no. 1 (1655), pp. 115-122. (in Russian).
- Aver'yanov Yu.I. (ed.). Politologiya : entsiklopedicheskiy slovar' [Political science: encyclopedic dictionary] Moscow, Moscow Comm. Univ. Publ., 1993, 431 p. (in Russian).
- Popper K. Otkrytoe obshchestvo i ego vragi [Open society and its enemies]. In 2 vols. Moscow, Feniks Publ., International Fund “Cultural initiative”, 1992, 976 p. (in Russian).
- Putin V.V. Pryamaya rech' [Direct speech]. In 3 vols. Vol. 1. Moscow, Zvonnitsa–MG: Novyy klyuch Publ., 2016, 412 p. (in Russian).
- Putin V.V. Pryamaya rech' [Direct speech]. In 3 vols. Vol. 3. Moscow, Zvonnitsa–MG: Novyy klyuch Publ., 2016, 412 p. (in Russian).
- Mart'yanova V.S., Fishmana L.G. Ed. Rossiya v poiskakh ideologiy: transformatsiya tsennostnykh regulyatorov sovremennykh obshchestv [Russia in search of ideologies: transformation of value regulators of modern societies]. Moscow, Politicheskaya entsiklopediya Publ., 2016, 334 p. (in Russian).
- Savel'eva O.O. Formirovanie novoy rossiyskoy ideologii [Formation of a new Russian ideology]. Svobodnaya mysl, 2000, no. 3, (in Russian).
- Slavin B.F. Pravda i lozh' ideologii marksizma i postmodernizma [True and false of ideology of Marxism and postmodernism]. Svobodnaya mysl, 2016, no. 1 (1655), pp. 105-114. (in Russian).
- Slavin B.F. Rossiya v poiskakh ideologii [Russia in search of ideology]. Svobodnaya mysl, 2008, no. 5 (1588), pp. 21-34. (in Russian).
- Slavin B.F. Rossiya v poiskakh ideologii i modeli razvitiya [Russia in search of ideology and development model]. Sotsial'no-gumanitarnye znaniya, 2010, no. 4, pp. 3-29. (in Russian).
- Gritsanov A.A., Abushenko V.L., Evel'kin G.M., Sokolova G.N., Tereshchenko O.V. Sotsiologiya: entsiklopediya. Sost. [Sociology: encyclopedia]. Minsk, Knizhnyy Dom Publ., 2003, 1312 p. (in Russian).
- Toffler E. Tret'ya volna [Toffler E. The Third Wave. Transl. from Engl.]. Moscow, ACT Publ., 1999, 784 p. (in Russian).
- Toffler E. Shok budushchego [Future shock. Transl. from Engl.]. Moscow, ACT Publ., 2002, 557 p. (in Russian).
- Gubskiy E.F. et al. Filosofskiy entsiklopedicheskiy slovar [Philosophical encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 1997, 574 p. (in Russian).
- Fukuyama F. Konets istorii i posledniy chelovek [The End of history and the last man. Transl. from Engl. by M.B. Levin]. Moscow, ACT Publ., 2004, 588 p. (in Russian).
- Shelyapin N.V. Rossiyskaya gosudarstvennaya ideologiya: sotsiologicheskiy aspekt [Russian state ideology: sociological aspect. Cand. sci. diss. abstr.]. St Petersburg., 1999, 18 p. (in Russian)
- Aron R. The Opium of the Intellectuals. New York, Secker & Warburg, 1957, 325 p.
- Barker R. Political ideas in modern Britain. London, Methuen, 1978 246 p.
- Bell D. The coming of post-industrial society: A venture of social forecasting. New York, Basic Books, 1976, 616 p.
- Bell D. The End of Ideology. On the Exhaustion of Political Ideas in the Fifties. Glencoe, The Free Press, 1960, 416 p.
- Feuer L.S. Ideology and the ideologists. Oxford, Blackwell, Cop., 1975, 220 p.
- Lemberg E. Ideologie und Gesellschaft. Stuttgart, Kolhammer, 1971, 350 p.
- Lipset S.M. Ideology and no end: The controversy till now. Encounter. 1972, no 39. pp. 17-22.
- Lodge G.C. The new American ideology. New York, Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., 1975, 384 p.
- Popper К.R. A World of Propensities. Bristol, Thoemmes. 1990, 51 p.
- Rothbard M. The new end of ideology? Libertarian Forum, 1977, vol. 10, no 3.
- Waxman Chaim I. (ed.). The End of ideology debate. New York, Funk & Wagnalls, Cop., 1968, 397 p.
- Toffler A. Future Shock. New York, Random House, 1970, 505 p.
- Wiener A.J. The prospect for mankind and a year 2000 ideology. New York, Hudson Institute, 1972, 57 p.