Considering Possible Premises for String Theory
in the Quran Text
The method of transmitting knowledge to humanity in the form of a text of scriptures is figurative and symbolic in some cases (for example in the form of a parable, geometric images or numerical constructions). One of the currently relevant areas of the interpretation of such images and meanings is the scientific interpretation of the texts of the Scriptures. In this context, the holy Quran occupies a special role. The verses of the Koran have a connection with diverse ideas, theories and hypotheses of modern natural science. Islam is known to be the religion of one God, and the concept of unity plays an extremely important role in Islam. The pursuit of unity of theory is seen in science too. For instance, one of the most pressing problems of modern theoretical physics is the so-called problem of building a unified field theory, which suggests the possibility of combining all currently known interactions: electromagnetic, gravitational, weak nuclear and strong nuclear forces. One of the candidates for such a unifying theory is string theory. More than three modifications of this theory are known today. One of the differences of each of these modifications is the dimension of space and time. The article presents the study of the Quran text and some remarks regarding the dimension of space and time. Possible connection between the ayahs of the Quran and Thurston's geometrization theorem has been discussed.
Bisengaliev Renat Alexandrovich, Candidate of Sciences (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Department of Algebra and Analysis, Kalmyk State University, 11, Pushkin st., Elista, 358011, Russian Federation, tel.: 8 (84722) 39004, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bisengaliev R.A. Considering Possible Premises for String Theory in the Quran Text. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Political Science and Religion Studies, 2019, vol. 28, pp. 84-91. https://doi.org/10.26516/2073-3380.2019.28.84 (in Russian)
- Gagieva A. Sunna i nauka: 7 sloev Zemli [Sunna and science: 7 layers of the Earth]. Available at: https://islam-today.ru/blogi/asya_gagieva/sunna-i-nauka-7-sloev-zemli/ (data of access: 09.05.2019). (in Russian)
- Grin B. Elegantnaya Vselennaya. Superstrunyi, skryityie razmernosti i poiski okonchatelnoy teorii [An Elegant Universe. Superstrings, hidden dimensions and the search for the final theory]. Moscow, Librokom Publ., 2011, 288 p. (in Russian)
- Kuliev E.R. Koran. Perevod smyislov i kommentarii [Koran. Translation of the meanings and commentary]. Moscow, Umma Publ., 2010. 816 p. (in Russian)
- Paturi R. Velichajshie chudesa i zagadki nashego mira [The greatest miracles and mysteries of our world]. Moscow, BMM AO Publ., 2000, 311 p. (in Russian)
- YAu SH., Nadis S. Teoriya strun i skrytye izmereniya Vselennoj [String theory and hidden dimensions of the Universe]. Saint-Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2012. 400 p.
- Klarreich E. Getting into Shapes: From Hyperbolic Geometry to Cube Complexes [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/getting-into-shapes/ (date of access: 09.05.2019).