Towards an Independent Foreign Policy
(from the History of New Zealand-Japanese Relations)
The article analyzes the events that took place when developing an independent foreign policy of New Zealand in the history of New Zealand-Japan relations. The bilateral relations being established were characterized by instability, which generally distinguished the state of international relations in Asia and the Pacific in the early twentieth century.
Puzynya Nikolai Nikolaevich, Doctor of Sciences (History), Professor, Department of History and Methodology, Pedagogical Institute, Irkutsk State University 1, K. Marx st., Irkutsk, 664003, Russian Federation, tel.: 8(3952)240700, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Puzynya N. N. Towards an Independent Foreign Policy (from the History of New Zealand-Japanese Relations). The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Political Science and Religion Studies. 2019, vol. 27, pp. 29-36. https://doi.org/10.26516/2073-3380.2019.27.29 (in Russian)
- Anglo-Yaponskij soyuz, 30 yanvarya 1902 g. Dokumenty XX v. [English-Japanese Union, January 30, 1902. Documents of the XX century]. Available at: http://www. doc20vek.ru/node/9 (mode of access: 04.02.2019). (In Russian)
- Malahovskij K.V. Istoriya kolonializma v Okeanii [The history of colonialism in Oceania]. Moscow, Nauka. Glavnaya redakciya vostochnoj literatury Publ., 1979, 560 p. (In Russian)
- Malahovskij K.V. Istoriya Novoj Zelandii [The history of New Zealand]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1981, 238 p. (In Russian)
- Martynov A.I. Rusakova O.K. Aktual'nye problemy vneshnej politiki Novoj Zelandii: istoriya i sovremennost' [Actual problems of the foreign policy of New Zealand: history and modernity]. Moscow, Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya Publ., 1981, 247 p. (In Russian)
- Japan and New Zealand: 150 years / ed. by Roger Peren. Wellington, 1999, 256 р.
- Japan-New Zealand Relations. Available at: http://www.mofa.go.jp/region/asia-paci/New Zealand/index.html/Japan-New Zealand Relations (mode of access: 05.02.2019).
- Kennaway R. New Zealand Foreign Policy 1951-1971. Wellington, London, 1972, 166 p.
- New Zealand Affairs. Christchurch, 1929, 320 p.
- New Zealand Foreign Affairs Review. Wellington, 1977, vol. 27, no 4, 67 p.
- Prichard Lloyd M.F. An Economic History of New Zealand to 1939. Auckland, 1970, 464 p.