Environmental Safety of the Russian Federation:
Theoretical and Methodological Aspects
The problem of ensuring environmental security is vital for all states of the world. The new environmental threats that have emerged recently in Russia objectively require relevant approaches both in state practice and in the sphere of theoretical developments. On April 19, 2017 the Russian President approved the Strategy of Environmental Security of the Russian Federation until 2025 which was logical follow-up of the National Security Strategy of the Russian Federation of 2015, and both of these documents contributed much to the development of theoretical and methodological base of understanding the concept of environmental security as a type of national security. The purpose of this article is to give an overview of the conceptual framework of a problem of environmental security as a basic factor of a theoretical and methodological component of the problem considered. The author paid attention to the category of "national interests of the Russian Federation in the environmental sphere", formulated these interests, classified the approaches used by different scientists to the concept of "environmental security”. It is emphasized that ambiguity of interpretation of the category "environmental security" bears the risk to undermine the system of ensuring this type of national security of Russia.
Shobodoeva Anna Vladimirovna, Candidate of Sciences (History), Associate Professor, Department of Legal Support of National Security, Baikal State University, 11, Lenin st., Irkutsk, 664003, Russian Federation, tel.: 8(3952)712059, e-mail: AnnaV.email@example.com
Shobodoeva A. V. Environmental Safety of the Russian Federation: Theoretical and Methodological Aspects. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Political Science and Religion Studies. 2018, vol. 25, pp. 35-42. https://doi.org/10.26516/2073-3380.2018.25.35 (in Russian)
1. Bashlakova O.I. Problemy ehkologicheskoj bezopasnosti Rossii [Problems of Ecological Safety of Russia]. Vestnik MGIMO, 2015, N 3 (42), pp. 112-121. (in Russian).
2. Brinchuk M.M. Ekologicheskoe pravo [Environmental law: a textbook]. Moscow, Eksmo, 2009. 830 p. (in Russian).
3. Brinchuk M.M. Pravo na blagopriyatnuyu okruzhayushchuyu sredu kak faktor nacional'noj bez-opasnosti [The right to a favorable environment as a factor of national security]. Astrakhan bulletin of ecological education, 2014, N 1 (27), pp. 4-16. (in Russian).
4. Velieva D.S. Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost' Rossii: problemy i perspektivy [Environmental safety of Russia: problems and prospects]. Citizen and Law, 2012, N 3, pp. 46-54. (in Russian).
5. Verbitsky V.V. Nacional'naya bezopasnost' Rossijskoj Federacii v ehkologicheskoj sfere kak kategoriya [National security of the Russian Federation in the environmental sphere as a category]. Ecological law, 2013, N 4, pp. 2-7. Available at: http://www.center-bereg.ru/m271.html (date of access: 11.06.2018). (in Russian).
6. Vorontsov S.A., Ponedelkov A.V., Nuvakhov T.A. EHkologicheskaya bezopasnost' kak sostavnaya chast' nacional'noj bezopasnosti Rossii: problemy i napravleniya ih razresheniya [Ecological safety as an integral part of the national security of Russia: problems and directions for their solution]. Science and education: economy and economics; entrepreneur; law and management, 2017, N 3 (82), pp. 134-137. (in Russian).
7. Glushko O.A. EHkologicheskij krizis i pravovye problemy ego preodoleniya [Ecological crisis and legal problems of its overcoming]. Scientific journal KubSAU – Scientific Journal of KubSAU, 2013, N 91. Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ekologicheskiy-krizis-i-pravovye-problemy-ego-preodoleniya (date of access: 02.06.2018). (in Russian).
8. Evtushenko V.I. Ponyatijno-kategorial'nyj apparat ucheniya o zashchite prava cheloveka i grazhdanina na blagopriyatnuyu okruzhayushchuyu sredu pri chrezvychajnyh situ-aciyah prirodnogo i tekhnogennogo haraktera [Conceptual-categorical apparatus of the doctrine on the protection of the human and citizen's right to a favorable environment in emergency situations of natural and man-made character]. Scientific Bulletin of BelGU. Ser. Philosophy. Sociology. Right, 2010, N 14 (85), pp. 117-127. (in Russian).
9. Krasnova I.O. EHkologicheskaya bezopasnost' kak pravovaya kategoriya [Environmental safety as a legal category]. LEX RUSSICA, 2014, N 5, pp. 543-555. (in Russian).
10. Lavygina I.V. EHkologicheskaya bezopasnost' v sfere sootnosheniya nekotoryh ponyatij i yavlenij [Ecological safety in the sphere of the correlation of certain concepts and phenomena]. Preface in Russia: problems of the implementation of law and enforcement. Irkutsk, Publishing House of the Belarusian State University of Economics, 2015. pp. 92-97. (in Russian).
11. Shobodoeva A.V. Teoriya nacional'noj bezopasnosti Rossijskoj Federacii [Theory of national security of the Russian Federation]. Irkutsk, Publishing house of BSU, 2017, part. 2 (in Russian).